Brianna's Spot

My journey in living and attempting to understand this thing called life...

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Third Wheel & Second Best

So now I'm apparently being reduced to being a third wheel, always "tagging along" with what other people have going on. I was texting back and forth with a "friend" (I use that term loosely but that's a whole other story) and telling her that I think the baby's father and I will be going our separate ways, so she invites me over to dinner at her house on Friday. I'm like cool, that will help me get my mind off things. Then she proceeds to tell me it's her, her fiance', her son and his new girlfriend and her daughter. Okay so now it's not just 2 friends getting together to talk, it's your family and me. So I'm a third wheel. I accepted the invitation and THEN she told me who all would be there, so now I don't want to go. This doesn't sound fun at all. It sounds like my kids and I will just be in the way.

Why do I say the baby's father and I will be going our separate ways? Due to a discussion we had last night. Basically, I told him I overheard a conversation among some men who stated that the woman you fall in love with, will not be the prettiest, because the prettiest women don't treat you right since they typically have a lot of "options" in regards to other men. So I posed this question to him because he's told me before, about another woman he dated in which he feels this woman is the most beautiful woman he's ever been with. So I said I felt that if he chose me, he's basically settling and not being with who he truly wants. This turned into a HUGE argument and I haven't spoken to him since. In the entire argument he never disputed what I said about her being the most beautiful woman he's ever dated, which means what I'm saying is true and he IS settling. It's a huge deal to me because when I first met my ex-husband E, he told me he didn't think I was beautiful he thought I was "okay" and as we continued to date I got prettier to him. Even T & J's father didn't really say I was that pretty, but he never gave compliments. Is it wrong to want the person you're in a relationship with to feel like you're the most beautiful woman in the world? I've never felt that way and it's always bothered me. I don't want to feel like someone is settling for me, and if that's the way he feels then I don't want to be involved with him. He can go be with Miss Most Beautiful Woman in the World.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home